The original borehole was started in 1890 and
provided the drinking water for the area and
extended in 1919. This then lapsed in the 1960’s and was re-discovered with the help of geological teams with new drilling, opening up the borehole in 2000. A state of the art building has been built over the borehole. Which was completed late 2004.